S‑VIDIA Proxy Encoder is an application used for reducing bandwidth from cameras when streaming video over a network. This software is installed on a PC near the edge device and used to encode one or more data heavy H.264 or MJPEG video streams to Flexible Delta Compression (FDC). The FDC stream can be viewed and recorded remotely using S‑VIDIA Client and Server software. The Proxy Encoder can be installed on virtually any Intel based PC with network connectivity. Encoder performance is dependent on CPU speed and camera resolution.
Steps to viewing a live image:
1. Install S‑VIDIA Proxy Server on virtually any modern Intel Based PC.
2. Setup h.264 or MJPEG camera within Proxy Server.
3. Connect to proxy server IP address via S‑VIDIA Client or Mobile Client.
To record video:
1. Follow above steps 1 and 2.
2. Connect to proxy server IP address via S‑VIDIA Server software.
Or Contact us at 1-844-S-VIDIAS for Cloud recording options.
One channel version is free of charge.
Multichannel Proxy version is coming soon.
Linux Version available by request.
Manual is being written and will be published shortly.
- CPU: Intel(R) Quad core Atom or greater
- RAM: 1GB or more.
- Display card: Intel integrated or above
- Monitor Resolution: 1280 x 1024 or greater recommended
- Ethernet Network Interface: 100Mbit/s or above
- Hard Drive: 30GB or Higher
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 3 (SP 3) or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later
- Microsoft Windows 8/8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1/8.1 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Fedora is a Red Hat Linux-based operating system (Coming soon)